Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

This Week's Quote - Francis Chan

Note: there was a typo (which many of you noticed!) in the bulletin - this week's quote is by pastor/author Francis Chan, from his book "Forgotten God" published this year, not by Caesarius of Arles, A.D. 470-543.

“A few months ago I was speaking at a summer camp, and I was speaking to one of the organizations there that sponsors children. This volunteer told me about a sixteen-year-old girl there at the camp who sponsors fourteen children, on her own. I was astonished by this. Fourteen children (at about thirty dollars a month for each child) is a lot of money for a high school student to come up with. I talked to this girl and asked her how she did it. She told me that she works year-round and she works three jobs in the summertime to pay for the child support. While other teenagers are saving for a car, she’s saving lives! Instead of spending her hard-earned money on herself and her future, she gives it to these fourteen children because she believes God loves them just as much as He loves her.”

- Francis Chan